Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enrolling in schools

Options
  • 03-11-2012 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Noticed in the parenting forum chat about enrolling your kids in schools and not getting places.
    So I'm wondering if I wanted to send my child to the educate together school here in Sligo should I enroll him now? He's 9 months. Not even sure if we will be living in Ireland when is school age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm not sure about the educate together school but with our local schools we enrolled ours in the May before they were due to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks I might just give them a ring a see. I really don't want to send him to a catholic school if we are still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

The project is ridiculously low in numbers at the moment, so I don't think there will be any problems getting your child in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Truley wrote: »
    The project is ridiculously low in numbers at the moment, so I don't think there will be any problems getting your child in.
    Really? Any idea why??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Muirne

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Noticed in the parenting forum chat about enrolling your kids in schools and not getting places.
    So I'm wondering if I wanted to send my child to the educate together school here in Sligo should I enroll him now? He's 9 months. Not even sure if we will be living in Ireland when is school age.

My son goes to the Project. They have an enrolment day every year in March I think to enrol for starting in September so no need to panic yet.

It's a fabulous school with excellent teachers and the class sizes are nice and small.

• Advertisement
Advertisement