Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Quizzes In Waterford City

Options
  • 03-11-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anything like this held regularly within city limits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I think The Cove bar on the Dunmore Road does a regular Monday night Table Quiz, well they did a year ago not sure if its still going, maybe ring and see. Also The Showboat on the Glen does regular table quizzes as far as I know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Spraoi are having one in the showboat on Tuesday night as a fundraiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Monday-weekly Table quiz is restarting in The Cove this coming Monday.

There's also a Speed-Quiz in The Uluru on Wednesdays which I have to highly recommend. You use a smartphone per team and just download the app (the host has a Wifi for you to use).

Went to the Monday one for ages and have been going to the speed-quizzing since it started 4 weeks ago. Great fun and a lot fairer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Spraoi are having one in the showboat on Tuesday night as a fundraiser.

Avoid the Showboat, it's only for the locals!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

SPQRI wrote: »
    Avoid the Showboat, it's only for the locals!

Never really got that feeling anytime I went in there.

Lantern has a quiz every thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Reminded of fund raisers when my kids were in national school and just before the table quiz would start, a bunch of out-of-town school teachers in tweed blazers with leather elbow patches would arrive in, drink nothing, chat with no-one and walk away with first prize every year. Happy days gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

old gregg wrote: »
    Reminded of fund raisers when my kids were in national school and just before the table quiz would start, a bunch of out-of-town school teachers in tweed blazers with leather elbow patches would arrive in, drink nothing, chat with no-one and walk away with first prize every year. Happy days gone by.

I know the ones you're on about, I've only gone to table quizes that were fundraisers for groups/interests I know and those teachers were there year in year out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kebabzavr

Thank you all for such a quick response.
    Monday-weekly Table quiz is restarting in The Cove this coming Monday.

There's also a Speed-Quiz in The Uluru on Wednesdays which I have to highly recommend. You use a smartphone per team and just download the app (the host has a Wifi for you to use).

Went to the Monday one for ages and have been going to the speed-quizzing since it started 4 weeks ago. Great fun and a lot fairer.

Nokia S60 on Symbian will suffice? Or only Android and iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Kebabzavr wrote: »
    Thank you all for such a quick response.

Nokia S60 on Symbian will suffice? Or only Android and iOS?

Basically anything touchscreen that can download the app. You answer the questions by tapping the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

deisemum wrote: »
    I know the ones you're on about, I've only gone to table quizes that were fundraisers for groups/interests I know and those teachers were there year in year out.

Isn't it an interest! Why shouldn't they be there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement