Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Google Nexus 7

Options
  • 03-11-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi I have received a.Google.Nexus.7 from United States. I want to use it in Ireland do I need.a.voltage adaptor ? I am not sure.as there is.a micro.USB in the box .Please.advise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

The only thing you need is a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter (I bought one in Dunne's the other day for €2). My Nexus 7 is from the States too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

If the power supply reads 100-240V you can use it with a normal travel adapter.

You can also charge the Nexus 7 on a computer USB port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Torqay wrote: »
    If the power supply reads 100-240V you can use it with a normal travel adapter.

You can also charge the Nexus 7 on a computer USB port.

Just be aware, the original charger that comes with it is 2A (2000mA), a laptop usb port can only deliver 500mA, meaning the original charger will charge it 4 times faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

So I can charge it off my.laptop ? Even though my laptop is plugged.into 240volts AC TO DC ETC.?

What did you ask for when.you.went.into.Dunnes.?

bluferbl wrote: »
    The only thing you need is a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter (I bought one in Dunne's the other day for €2). My Nexus 7 is from the States too.

• Advertisement

Dad11 wrote: »
    So I can charge it off my.laptop ? Even though my laptop is plugged.into 240volts AC TO DC ETC.?

Yes, the laptop usb output is 5v dc

Phone, camera, laptop and tablet chargers are designed to take any voltage so you can charge them in any country, you just need an adapter to plug them in

Looking at the manual it says the "input voltage range between the wall outet and this charging unit is AC 100V - 240V. See pic attached! So this means normal travel adaptor will work ?

So I bought an adaptor that is compatible with 250v. This is is ok right ?

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Yes, the laptop usb output is 5v dc

Phone, camera, laptop and tablet chargers are designed to take any voltage so you can charge them in any country, you just need an adapter to plug them in

How many times do we have to tell you?

Yes, the charger will work with any voltage 110v-230v. You do not need to convert the voltage as it works with any (as do all phone, camera and laptop chargers), all you need is an adapter to fit the 3 pin Irish socket, it can handle any voltage worldwide.

Sorry just want to be certain

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    How many times do we have to tell you?

Yes, the charger will work with any voltage 110v-230v. You do not need to convert the voltage as it works with any (as do all phone, camera and laptop chargers), all you need is an adapter to fit the 3 pin Irish socket, it can handle any voltage worldwide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Dad11 wrote: »
    Sorry just want to be certain

And rightly so, better safe than sorry.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me!

Torqay wrote: »

And rightly so, better safe than sorry.

Advertisement