Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order AIB

Options
  • 04-11-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Have a standing order set up to pay the rent on the 1st of every month but for some reason it just isn't being paid and is returned to my a/c every time.

The last time granted I had €2 less in my a/c than was needed so naturally it came back unpaid but this time the money was there from the 30th but has still been returned unpaid ? :confused:

So I'm just wondering is this because of the bank holiday the money should have been there earlier or could I have some of the details on the SO wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Possibly the details are wrong. Did you set up the so yourself on internet banking? I'd give the telephone banking crowd a shout and ask them if they can give any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

dotsman wrote: »
    Possibly the details are wrong. Did you set up the so yourself on internet banking? I'd give the telephone banking crowd a shout and ask them if they can give any more info.

Set it up on one of those self service kiosks in the bank....

Have you confirmed with your landlord that you have the correct nsc & account number? I'd try ringing telephone banking to see if they can confirm what nsc and account number you set it up to pay into (maybe you got a digit wrong?).

It certainly sounds like the wrong details were entered (that the receiving account doesn't exist etc). Can you see the money leaving your account and then being returned a few days later? If so, that's the only issue that I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

dotsman wrote: »
    Have you confirmed with your landlord that you have the correct nsc & account number? I'd try ringing telephone banking to see if they can confirm what nsc and account number you set it up to pay into (maybe you got a digit wrong?).

It certainly sounds like the wrong details were entered (that the receiving account doesn't exist etc). Can you see the money leaving your account and then being returned a few days later? If so, that's the only issue that I can think of.

Yeah I've confirmed the details are correct with LL and the a/c does exist as I've lodged money into it previously in person in the bank.

Yeah the money is debited from my a/c and then is re credited to my a/c about 3/4 days later

Gonna give phone banking a call in the morning and see what they have to say !

You can call them right now if you want - it's 24-hour banking! See if they can confirm that the account details on the standing order are correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement