Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting your branch ????...grrr

Options
  • 04-11-2012 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

can someone answer me this

why do banking 365 constantly say contact your branch when they can tell where my branch is and where I live...i.e. not in the same province and therefore hundreds of miles away.

I opened my bank account years ago when I was in School (20+ years) and have used it since. Ive had the odd hiccup with Bank of Ireland but nothing major....I dont live anywhere near my branch now and I can honestly say I havent been in my branch for 12 years...no need to really. Recently though I applied for a consolidation loan for credit cards etc. Applied online but the only answer I got was to contact my branch. I have tried phoning them myself over the last 2 weeks but no luck but I work very long hours so it is usually the busiest times when I try and call (lunch time). Why cant these things be done online. Dont mind if I am turned down for the loan which I proabably will be but the lack of a reply is ridiculous. Can they not just write to me to tell me its a no.

I know simply answer is move your branch. Again I have no need for one..I hate joining the ridiculous queues in branches anyway so getting a day off work and joining another queue to simply move my account to branch I never visit seems ridiculous. Recently had a lodge money into someone elses account so had to go to a branch. Unfortunetately at lunch time with one cashier working grrrr.

I also rang 365 regarding the visa debit card that was sent to me that i dont want and did not ask for. Again I was told to contact my branch so I have to write to them now??????

Grrr...I thought Bank of Ireland was trying to move away from people having to queue in branches?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi nicearbhaill,

While we are constantly working on expanding the services that can be completed online, consolidation loans would still need to be completed with a branch. When applying for the Loan you don't need to complete the application in your own account holding branch. You can make an appointment with the Loan advisor in any branch and they will be able to assist you. I appreciate that this may still not be ideal for your circumstances, however, it would still be your only option to apply for the type of loan that you require.

The same would apply in respect to your Visa Debit card. You do have the option of letting your branch know that you do not want the card, however, the Visa Debit card was issued as a replacement for your Laser card. As we are no longer supplying Laser cards, the only other type of card you can request on your account is an ATM only card. This card can only be used to withdraw funds from ATMs in the Republic of Ireland and will not work at a point of sale or at ATMs abroad. If you are unable to ring your branch or call into any other branch, you would need to send the request in writing.

You can find the contact details for all of our branches here.

If you do decide to move your account from one branch to another that's nearer to you, you can find more information and a link to the necessary documentation here.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

appreciate the reply but that still doesnt solve the problem of trying to contact any branch by phone. Like most people I work 9-5 Monday to Friday...today I got 20 mins for lunch so calling into any branch is just not convenient.

As for the visa debit card I will have to write to the branch as my branch is in Munster and I am in Leinster. I posted here before that I dont have a laser card on my current account and dont want one so I dont know why I wasnt contacted about this by BOI before they issued me with one. Why issue something to me that I dont want mor need.

I wont be moving my branch to a branch near me...seeing as I never use it what is the point. I must say AIB do seem much more customer friendly when doing banking online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi nicearbhaill,

If you would like to pm us your name, contact number and branch, we can organise a lending advisor to contact you regarding the consolidation loan.

We are also replacing our atm cards with Visa Debit cards. You should have received a letter advising. As Pat said you can discuss, with any Bank of Ireland branch, to organise getting an atm only card that can be used in the Republic of Ireland.

You do not need to move your branch as any Bank of Ireland branch should be able to facilitate any queries or services you may have or need.

Thanks
    Linda

Thanks Linda but I think you are missing my point.

The above would still mean calling into any branch which is not possible or convenient for the majority of people like myself and phonecalls travelling to or from work or during work are not possible.

I have already written to my branch to return the debit card I dont want. I have asked for a written reply to my loan application aswell.

Thanks for your reply

Hi nicearbhaill,

If it would suit you better we can organise a call from a branch that is nearer to you to call at a time that is convenient. Please pm us your name, contact number and the branch closest to you. Please also include the time you would like this call.

Otherwise, your branch should get back to you in due course once they receive your letter.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

hi quick update on this

still havent heard back from my BOI branch??? but in the meantime I approached another main bank for my loan and got my approval today in the post.

Easy online application, no calling into branch required or having to call someone back during working hours.

I should be able to draw down the loan by the end of the week.

Hi nicerbhaill,

Glad you got it sorted. Sorry we couldn't resolve this on this occassion. All your feedback regarding the application process has been sent on to the relevent department.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BallymoreChris

Trying to get through to the branch for over an hour now, get to the end of the "press 1" etc then just blank.

HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi BallymoreChris.

We are currently experiencing issues with some of our phone lines at present. We are looking into this with the greatest priority and we hope to have the issue resolved shortly.

As soon as we have an update, we'll post here.

Thanks for your patience.
    Laura

Hi BallymoreChris.

We are currently experiencing issues with some of our phone lines at present. We are looking into this with the greatest priority and we hope to have the issue resolved shortly.

As soon as we have an update, we'll post here.

Laura

I have a very simple request but I can send you a DM either?

• Advertisement

Hi BallymoreChris.

If you would like to send us a private message, we will help you in any way we can.

Thanks.
    Laura

Hi BallymoreChris.

If you would like to send us a private message, we will help you in any way we can.

Thanks.
    Laura

"Bank of Ireland: Laura has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Laura from the recipient list and send the message again."

Hi all,

We have resolved the issue we were experiencing with our phone lines.

Laura

Advertisement