Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausages in Polish stores

Options
  • 04-11-2012 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking for some advice - I want to cook a nice saucisse lentille dish (typical French paysan fare). Usually you use saucisse menagere to do it, which is a large coarse smoked sausage. I've been in Lituanica in Sligo and picked up a few sausages as samplers but never found the right one. The sausages are either too "wet" or too spicy. Can anyone recommend a good type?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭marcel353

You could try a morteau sausage, La Rousse sell them on-line.
    Great also with sauerkraut that you can find on most Polish shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 vinnyme

Salut Marcel! Yeah I guessed Larousse do them, wanted to find something a bit more local and wanted to explore the polish options as they have so many! There's at least 30/40 different types in Lituanica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

vinnyme wrote: »
    Salut Marcel! Yeah I guessed Larousse do them, wanted to find something a bit more local and wanted to explore the polish options as they have so many! There's at least 30/40 different types in Lituanica.

Polish sausages are more local than French ones now? :confused:

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Polish sausages are more local than French ones now? :confused:

I meant I want to find ones that are more local to me ie in the vicinity of where I live. Am I making myself clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

vinnyme wrote: »
    I meant I want to find ones that are more local to me ie in the vicinity of where I live. Am I making myself clear?

Now you are, yeah.

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Now you are, yeah.

Thank god! Think of the consequences!

Advertisement