Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hauled off Ryanair flight over a poster..

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    You know what you get with Ryanair

If you don't like it, fly with someone else.

She should have known that she would probably have to fork out 50 cuid for the poster so why not put it in her holding luggage.

Eh......maybe she didn't check any bags in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

lounakin wrote: »
    Is not dying the only thing Ryanair should offer as far as services? Or should we... I don't know... have a "pleasant" experience? I know that sounds crazy...

No getting from A to B cheaply is what Ryanair has to offer.

The plane is delayed. The air hostess/steward starts faffing about getting this child a sandwich. You are clear for take off...no sorry we can't take that slot, the food trolley is not secured and other important checks complete because the child wants a sandwich:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Boombastic wrote: »
    No getting from A to B cheaply is what Ryanair has to offer.

The plane is delayed. The air hostess/steward starts faffing about getting this child a sandwich. You are clear for take off...no sorry we can't take that slot, the food trolley is not secured and other important checks complete because the child wants a sandwich:rolleyes:

Airhostess bends down, opens the trolley from inside it's little cupboard and pulls a sandwich out or whatever she can get, 2 minutes later the child has stopped screaming for food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Airhostess bends down, opens the trolley from inside it's little cupboard and pulls a sandwich out or whatever she can get, 2 minutes later the child has stopped screaming for food.
    and now everyone wants a sandwich. Or should she treat others differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Air hostess has to re- secure trolly. What if the sandwiches are not easy accessible? What if everyone on the plane then demanded a sandwich?:eek:

a) Parents bring sandwich or eat while they are waiting to board the plane.

b)Child is thought some manners to wait, their every demand is not catered for immediately.

c) Parent learns that when getting ready to fly an aircraft, there are more import things than little Jimmy.

Lessons to be learned all around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Now let me preface this by saying I had never flown with Ryanair before but was aware of their practices from family etc. Coming from the US, we traveled from Beauvais to Dublin last July. Prepaid the luggage. When checking in, I asked the Ryanair girl if my son could carry his skate board or if we had to put it in one of our 5 suitcases. She says carry on, it's fine. Now before you go on about how could a skate board fit in a suitcase, it was a penny skate board so it fits easily. Go to board the plane and now we're told we had to check the skate board. Back to the same girl at the check-in country, now she says it's an extra 60 or so euros. I ask her can I add it to the suitcase, no it's gone now. Well you told me we could it carry on, so why should I have to pay? Well that's just the way it is so either pay or don't bring it on.

Needless to say that's the one and only time I'll fly with them. As bad as some airlines are over here, that stuff would never fly in the US, excuse the pun.

FatherTed wrote: »
    Now let me preface this by saying I had never flown with Ryanair before but was aware of their practices from family etc. Coming from the US, we traveled from Beauvais to Dublin last July. Prepaid the luggage. When checking in, I asked the Ryanair girl if my son could carry his skate board or if we had to put it in one of our 5 suitcases. She says carry on, it's fine. Now before you go on about how could a skate board fit in a suitcase, it was a penny skate board so it fits easily. Go to board the plane and now we're told we had to check the skate board. Back to the same girl at the check-in country, now she says it's an extra 60 or so euros. I ask her can I add it to the suitcase, no it's gone now. Well you told me we could it carry on, so why should I have to pay? Well that's just the way it is so either pay or don't bring it on.

Needless to say that's the one and only time I'll fly with them. As bad as some airlines are over here, that stuff would never fly in the US, excuse the pun.
    How did those working at the gate see the skateboard if it was in your bag? :confused:

Boombastic wrote: »
    Air hostess has to re- secure trolly. What if the sandwiches are not easy accessible? What if everyone on the plane then demanded a sandwich?:eek:

a) Parents bring sandwich or eat while they are waiting to board the plane.

b)Child is thought some manners to wait, their every demand is not catered for immediately.

c) Parent learns that when getting ready to fly an aircraft, there are more import things than little Jimmy.

Lessons to be learned all around
    FIrst of all the plane in this instance was grounded for hours, so it's possible that they may have ran out of food, second, I'm sure the father would have settled for anything they could have grabbed from the trays, I also know it doesn't take 20 minutes to re-secure it. A toddler does what a toddler does, you probably don't have any kids but when they're really young and hungry, they will let you know (survival instinct). Also, adults do understand the concept of need and would probably all have stood up for a baby, an old person, a diabetic or anyone really in need of food. The fact is they asked for a little something for a baby and were told no for some stupid protocol and not because it would have slowed them down.

FIrst of all the plane in this instance was grounded for hours, so it's possible that they may have ran out of food, second, I'm sure the father would have settled for anything they could have grabbed from the trays, I also know it doesn't take 20 minutes to re-secure it. A toddler does what a toddler does, you probably don't have any kids but when they're really young and hungry, they will let you know (survival instinct). Also, adults do understand the concept of need and would probably all have stood up for a baby, an old person, a diabetic or anyone really in need of food. The fact is they asked for a little something for a baby and were told no for some stupid protocol and not because it would have slowed them down.
    What about the other children (and other people) on the plane? What happens when they all want something too? Now the cabin crew have to go through the whole plane to serve anyone asking for food/drink? How long does that take to complete and re-secure etc? Or should this child be treated differently to other children (or people for that matter) on the plane?

UDP wrote: »
    What about the other children (and other people) on the plane? What happens when they all want something too? Now the cabin crew have to go through the whole plane to serve anyone asking for food/drink? How long does that take to complete and re-secure etc? Or should this child be treated differently to other children (or people for that matter) on the plane?
    The fact is you can't ground people for just any amount of time without water, food and access to toilets, so yes, in events when you are immobilised too long you would have to provide the strict minimum to everyone. Since no one's allowed any water on the plane, I would have exercised the right to rehydrate for free. I was once grounded for 3 whole hours strapped up in my seat, I know what it's like! You've no idea when things are going to move and you cannot even get up off your seat!

• Advertisement

You've no idea when things are going to move and you cannot even get up off your seat!
    Is that not the point in that the staff have no idea when things are going to move so have to be ready to go at short notice. I know its a pain in the ass but I can see why it might be policy not to start serving everyone while the plane is grounded waiting to get going.

Is that not the point in that the staff have no idea when things are going to move so have to be ready to go at short notice. I know its a pain in the ass but I can see why it might be policy not to start serving everyone while the plane is grounded waiting to get going.

I see your point, I'm just saying there are regulations set for everyone that even Ryanair have to apply when it comes to delays. If you are unable to leave the plane for hours, you have to be able to go to the bathroom and have water. That time we were grounded for 3 hours, I was on the first row with the doors open, it was that really cold year when it snowed and we were all freezing. We weren't allowed to go back to the airport as we would have needed attendants to guide us there. Actually, one guy started freaking out and left the plane, then made us all wait an extra 30 minutes while the staff was looking for his luggage (I was trying to convince him to stay on the plane!). Anyway, I'm not sure of how many hours it involves but I'm certain there is a limit to having people just sit and wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

How did those working at the gate see the skateboard if it was in your bag? :confused:

It wasn't in a bag, it was carried on.

Advertisement