Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Donegal to Athlone?

Options
  • 04-11-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Does anyone have any info on McGowans bus that runs from Donegal to Athlone for college I think?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

They're from Drumshambo in Leitrim afaik so you may be able to get a contact number for them that way.

I know back in the day, they used to leave Super Valu in Donegal Town at 4 on a Sunday but no idea what their timetable is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Thanks,
    Have you used the bus before or what?
    I hope its still running because Bus Eireann don't run one and it would be serious handy!
    Anyone else use the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

have you tried getthere.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Thanks,
    Have you used the bus before or what?
    I hope its still running because Bus Eireann don't run one and it would be serious handy!
    Anyone else use the bus?
    I used to get them up and down to Athlone every week but it was ~10ish years ago! I know that they still ran the service for a few years after that but no idea if they still run it or not as I dont know anyone going to college in Athlone at the moment.

The alternative to McGowans I used at the time (yes it was a long time ago but the general routes are probably still being serviced) was CIE to Sligo, then the Dublin bus to Longford before getting a connecting UlsterBus to Athlone. The bus to Galway and then the train to Athlone also works. Unfortunately Athlone is an awkward enough spot to get to from up here on public transport.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Yeah they still run it! It's at 4 from Supervalu and gets into Athlone (outside IT) about 7 before traveling on to Limerick. I use it by the way

• Advertisement

Thanks for that sup-dude

what time does it leave athlone on a friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

what time does it leave athlone on a friday?
    Google gave me this timetable... http://www.westlinkcoaches.ie/limerick_athlone_roscommon_leitrim_sligo_donegal.htm

thats great man thanks a million! how did i miss that? :L

Advertisement