Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like a way to view missed lectures

• 04-11-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

HI guys,

Would you like to have to a way to view missed lectures or even to review old lectures again, for say a nominal fee of 99 cent per lecture?

I ask as part of a project im working on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Do you have the permission of the university and the individual lecturers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You mean something like Blackboard where the lecturers put the notes up online?
    Or are you planning on gathering the lecture notes yourself at every lecture, uploading them, and providing access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Well they're rolling out recording systems through the bigger lecture theaters, some of my lecturers have started using it. http://panopto.ucc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭twinytwo

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Do you have the permission of the university and the individual lecturers?

obviously with their permission, i mean proper voiced over videos, most of said 99c would be going to the lecturers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

We had something like like that for our RF IC design class last year in Elec Eng. The lectures were pre-recorded by the lecturer and hosted on some external site, but it was free to use by us. Really handy as the video would show the lecture slides as the lecturer went through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

We had something like like that for our RF IC design class last year in Elec Eng. The lectures were pre-recorded by the lecturer and hosted on some external site, but it was free to use by us. Really handy as the video would show the lecture slides as the lecturer went through them.
    Pity I lost my password for that at the start of the year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

TheChizler wrote: »
    Well they're rolling out recording systems through the bigger lecture theaters, some of my lecturers have started using it. http://panopto.ucc.ie

That is really cool, it has magnificent potential in the sense that I would probably stop getting up for my early lectures. :pac: Actually that could work out awfully......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

TheChizler wrote: »

We used this last year, worked great since it was a guest lecturer doing the lecture - you could view the slides and listen to the lecture. I presume all this would have to go to heads of college and be discussed before any payment etc would be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭twinytwo

The idea would be to aim at a much wider audience, to utilize it as a learning tool rather than an excuse to not go to lectures, for example someone who is studying physics may be interested in viewing lectures from the likes of MIT etc.

Advertisement