Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with PTSB today.

Options
  • 04-11-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Anyone else having an issue with ptsb cards today? Refused in shop and BOI atm cannot complete my transaction and I do have money in the 2 accounts:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Yes - everyone is. Same issues with more than one ATM and Tesco - loads of people with PTSB cards all having the same problem - nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I hope this isn't likely to last. Account has money in it, but I haven't got a red rex in my hand. Was down the shopping centre nearby there and its becoming obvious how many people have PTSB accounts. All I was doing was buying a phone so I'll survive but there were people in obviously doing their week's shopping who were caught badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jerryqu

Tried to withdraw money in local shop and filling station without success.

On checking open 24 at home I now find that my a/c has been debited for both failed transactions:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

Thanks for replies,

Off to Germany tonight for 3days with no cash, feck ptsb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Thanks for replies,

Off to Germany tonight for 3days with no cash, feck ptsb

Don't know if this is pertinent but I just credited my Paddy Power account with €10, so you might be in luck yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tantsibheikiga

oh i just had the same. i called PTsb today and they confirmed they had issue with system around 12pm. so should be sorted. very frustrating though, i though i got my card scammed and money gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Used my PTSB card in local shop and a UB atm with no problems just there so hopefully everything is back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Was only a period of less than an hr there were issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

I tried to pay for petrol on sunday morning at a garage in Dublin, I went into use the atm, after stupidly putting the petrol into the car.

The atm seemed to be working, but when I hit the 50 euro button, I got the message "service unavailable" message on screen.

When I went to the till to pay, it gave me the message "card declined"

tried to call on the open24 hour banking, but this turns out to be manned only monday to friday 9-5pm!

I had a very irrate attendent threatening to call the police, etc etc, I ended up having to call a relative to pay for the fuel so I could leave!

I queued at ptsb liffey valley, but soon the queue of ptsb customers realised their cards where not working!

After 40minutes on hold to the stolen card hotline, it was revealed that a systems fault had developed.

Tonight I went to the bank link at superquinn lucan, again I got the "service unavailable message" across the screen, this time when I tried to call customer service (still with in hours 4.30!) I was told customer service advisors are unavailable and was disconnected!

Are PTSB going the way of Ulster bank now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Trampas

Register for OPEN24 now
    Call 1890 500 121

Call us Mon - Fri 8am - 10pm and Saturdays 10am - 2pm
    (excl. Bank Hols)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Really don't need a 2nd thread: merged.

Advertisement