Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tv channels

Options
  • 04-11-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

i have no BBC s channels since the switch over , has anyone in the cavan area the same experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

Did you re-tune?

I've one aerial pointing to the North and getting RTE etc as well as BBC. I had to re-tune after the switchover, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

6480 wrote: »
    i have no BBC s channels since the switch over , has anyone in the cavan area the same experience
    Did you get a saorview box? Some of the cheaper ones available can only get Irish channels. The dearer ones can pick up BBC etc so maybe you got the one for only Irish channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if you have a box/tv for RTE then aside from a few exceptions of come of the cheapo boxes you should also be able to get bbc too.

Try retuning the box, or change country to UK or reset box to factory settings or similar major reset.

The BBC channels moved twice during the digital switch over and some boxes just couldnt cope with this so if you had bbc digital channels beforehand you might need to start from scratch and reset to factory settings and tune in everything freshly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Where did you get your box OP?,Did you do a search on boards for it?Perhaps others have the same problem and found a solution.

I got a Digihome saorview box from power city in Dublin and works the best,Have all Irish and English channels.

Advertisement