Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks in the Uni

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Where I worked it was just a regular latte (two shots) in a small cup, so a latte with less milk/a double small latte.

Quite popular though. Personally I can't stand milk in coffee.

This is the description (from the site above) that I'd agree with most.

The flat white has less milk, less foam (hence flat white) and therefore proportionately more coffee than a latte. The desired texture is a velvety sensuality and there should also be a natural sweetness. New Zealand flatties tend to be double espresso shots while Australians typically pour a single.

Milky coffee in the morning (blame the French for that habit) and stronger in the day. Espressos after grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

If you want good coffee in Galway, i recommend that place with a "Lavazza" sign (name?) opposite Anthony Ryans. Best i've had so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

inisboffin wrote: »

The flat white has less milk, less foam (hence flat white) and therefore proportionately more coffee than a latte. The desired texture is a velvety sensuality and there should also be a natural sweetness. New Zealand flatties tend to be double espresso shots while Australians typically pour a single.

This is what I'd be familiar with - or would describe it as a cappuccino with a much finer froth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

J o e wrote: »
    This is what I'd be familiar with - or would describe it as a cappuccino with a much finer froth.

Yeah, that would be called a 'wet' cappucino.
    Regular cappucino is a dry foam on top of coffee - the 'wet' part is more milkiness in the coffee. Macchiato is a tiny cup of foam 'marked' with coffee.

*lived with baristas - criminally early risers them:D

Advertisement