Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knowhow Cloud

Options
  • 04-11-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi there, I've got Knowhow Cloud when I got my iPad in Sept and I've only really set it up to backup the most important stuff for the moment. I haven't really had time to look into it that much. I went to their only support forum and found that no-one seems to reply to the queries there so I was wondering would anyone here be able to tell me what the difference is between the backup and the briefcase. I think the backup is just a mirror of the file and you can save them to the briefcase if you want to keep them permanently in Cloud, is that correct? If that is the case, if my laptop dies, does the backed up files dissappear... need to find out as my laptop has gotten some weird bluescreen thing going on and last time that happened the HD died. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Backup will backup your files to the cloud. The files will stay there. Briefcase creates a folder on your computer that will sync files between multiple computers. Eg say you have the briefcase on your laptop and your computer. If you copy a photo to your briefcase on your desktop, then it will be in your briefcase on your laptop and vice versa.

Advertisement