Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Stone Wall and Stone Carving in Inishowen

Options
  • 04-11-2012 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of any stone masons or dry stone wall builders in Inishowen? I'm looking for a dry stone wall to be built at the entrance to my house, possibly with a feature stone carving with the name of the house on it. I thought it might be a DIY job I could take on myself but I have since come to my senses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

cojobt wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of any stone masons or dry stone wall builders in Inishowen? I'm looking for a dry stone wall to be built at the entrance to my house, possibly with a feature stone carving with the name of the house on it. I thought it might be a DIY job I could take on myself but I have since come to my senses.

To answer my own question, I came across this guy:

http://ardaghstone.com/

Michael Doherty (or Mickey Ardagh as he's known locally), Ballyliffin met the requirements exactly. Got him to rebuild a dry stone wall and add carving and lettering to a larger stone. Fantastic work. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommended.

Advertisement