Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe to stroll round Falls and Shankill Roads?

• 04-11-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy

I wanted to make a trip up to Belfast this week and soak up some history, take some snaps etc. Mainly interested in the Murals, Peace Line etc.

How safe is it to give myself a DIY tour of these areas?

I'm not paranoid or too easily scared but I don't want to be silly either.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Howdy

I wanted to make a trip up to Belfast this week and soak up some history, take some snaps etc. Mainly interested in the Murals, Peace Line etc.

How safe is it to give myself a DIY tour of these areas?

I'm not paranoid or too easily scared but I don't want to be silly either.

Thanks

You should be safe enough - at least as safe as any other city in Ireland. I can't speak for the Shankhill but on the Falls you'll find plenty of visitors doing the same.

Have fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

cheers dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I've done both no bother (Shankill on 12th July!) - you won't be the only one strolling around taking photos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Just don't be daft and wear a Gaelic or Celtic shirt on the Shankil or a Union Flag shirt on the Falls.

a regular punter not acting (or dressed) in a provocative manner will be fine.

I regularly park on the Falls to walk over to the Lower Shankil and V.Versa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can walk up and down them no bother, I've done it several times and never was an eyebrow even raised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement