Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can landlords resell electricity at a higher price?

Options
  • 04-11-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭

When reading this thread, I wondered could landlords resell electricity at a higher price?

The specific bit that I was wodering about is;
    He installed a 2E coin-operated electricity meter and is re-selling the electricity at the rate of 30cts per kW. It is almost twice the standard rate of 17cts per kW I noticed when I looked at the price of electricity in Ireland in average.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi the_syco,

Coin operated meters for electricity are not official ESB meters, i.e. they are not installed (and are thus neither maintained nor supported) by ESB Networks, Ireland's independent Distribution System Operator.

As it is a third-party issue, we would not be in a position to intercede on behalf of a tenant if a landlord takes it upon him/herself to install such a meter. The best we could do is offer a comparison between the rate being charged by the coin meter as against our own rates.

I regret I can't be of more assistance, but I hope this information is of some help.

Thanks,

David

Advertisement