Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TYRE PRESSURE

Options
  • 04-11-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I've had 2 different answers to this question from different garages so let's see what I get from here.

Tyre pressures please for my Bedford Romahome.
    Tyre size 155r12
    Actual weight (on weigh bridge excluding me:)) 1100kg

If I get many different answers I'll do as I'm doing now, which is split the difference.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I've had 2 different answers to this question from different garages so let's see what I get from here.

Tyre pressures please for my Bedford Romahome.
    Tyre size 155r12
    Actual weight (on weigh bridge excluding me:)) 1100kg

If I get many different answers I'll do as I'm doing now, which is split the difference.

Many thanks.

I'd be going with what works for the base vehicle. Bedford ? I thought they used Citroens? Pics?

155 12.... Are they 6 ply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

32 psi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Have a look at the chart HERE, you just need to know or have a good idea of your axle weights first.

Or, you could just inflate them to the max pressure shown on the sidewall as you are probably at the max weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I'd be going with what works for the base vehicle. Bedford ? I thought they used Citroens? Pics?

155 12.... Are they 6 ply?

The Romahome for the Bedford is the de-mountable type. Citroens were fixed.

How do I tell if they are 6 ply? I've just looked at them, using a torch 'cos it's dark out there, and no indication of ply.

Niloc, Re: Axle weight. My vehicle, at 1100kg, has never needed to have it's weight taken for each axle so I've no idea.
    As for max pressure shown on side wall, that would apply for the host vehicle, in this case a Bedford, being used as a pick-up with the probability of greater weight I would have thought.

*Kol* wrote: »
    32 psi.

Thanks *Kol*, that agrees with one garage.

Aidan_m_m asked for a pic. not sure how it will help but here's one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Thanks *Kol*, that agrees with one garage.

Aidan_m_m asked for a pic. not sure how it will help but here's one.

Blatant curiosity ! I would say 32-35.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Blatant curiosity ! I would say 32-35.

I had the wheels balanced a few weeks ago, just now checked the pressures and they are all at 26. I didn't check them at the time but I would think that this is a bit low.

Curiosity I can understand so here are some more pics with the camper pod de-mounted. The front jacks/supports get stored in the camper, these can be used to steady the camper on a windy night if required. The rear ones just wind back up underneath.

I've always called it a 1986 camper because it has an Island Plastics plate on the back, but I only found out a few weeks ago that in fact Ireland plastics only moved to the Isle of Wight and started using that name in 1993!. So the camper part is younger than I thought and it's just the Bedford that's '86.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Have a look HERE go down to the ninth post from poster called Derek. He says the Romahome handbook says 28 psi front 35 psi rear.

Hope it helps

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Have a look HERE go down to the ninth post from poster called Derek. He says the Romahome handbook says 28 psi front 35 psi rear.

Hope it helps

Thanks niloc, it certainly does help.

Strangely enough I came accross this web site a couple of years ago, found that it seemed very commercial, compared with boards, and promptly forgot all about it:o. I've now saved it for further reference.

Thanks everybody,
    Once I get round to re-mounting the pod I'll change the pressures and report back.

Niloc, another reason for me to stick with boards, I posted a reply to a question on the other forum that you linked to, message came up that replies would not be posted until approved by moderator. Over 2 hours and my post has still not appeared!. Not much good if you hope for a quick answer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement