Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod Touch 5g repair

• 04-11-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I got the new ipod touch yesterday and, sure enough, dropped it! :mad:

20121104_183352.jpg

I haven't fully decided if I'm going to repair it or not, it seems very pricey to do so. It still works fine. I see here that the screen and digitizer is $99 and here that apple offer to repair it for a snip of €141. Does anyone repair them yet in Dublin, and what kind of price am I looking at? Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Doubt you will get it much cheaper than the €141 apple will charge plus you will lose any warranty if anyone other than apple repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mrkeekster

Where did u get your ipod fixed cuz mines broke nd how do I contact apple in Ireland I live in donegal but my auntie lives in Dublin I got it for Christmas nd it broke a month ago I have no warranty plz help ps its the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Inscrutable

Unlucky mate.. mine is still broken. Tried places in town couple months ago to no avail. I didn't try apple, so that might be your best bet or try flog it on adverts.

I'll try apple in Dublin cuz my auntie is coming down to donegal for my bday on Saturday so she could take it back to Dublin how will I get there address there's no screens on eBay or amazon

Mrkeekster wrote: »
    I'll try apple in Dublin cuz my auntie is coming down to donegal for my bday on Saturday so she could take it back to Dublin how will I get there address there's no screens on eBay or amazon

There is no apple in Dublin. Your best bet is to the apple store in Belfast with it and they will prob give you a swap it for a refurbished one for a fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

You can get the screens on eBay for 20-30 quid

Can u show me how u got it I'm looking
    for the 5generation iPod touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

m'lady wrote: »

That's for one of the older iPod classics. Won't fit the 5th gen touch

So u can't get one for the iPod touch 5g ooh my dad will just have to buy me the new iPhone yeh me

• Advertisement
Advertisement