Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strength + Conditioning (Ireland)

Options
  • 04-11-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking into doing some sort of part-time course that will qualify me as a strength and conditioning coach but not sure where to look for the best. Can anyone help me?

The most appealing one I'v found is the level 7 BA on setantacollege.com but not sure exactly how widely recognised it is..

Can anyone tell me what the highest internationally accredited/recognised strength and conditioning course in Ireland is and where I can do it?

Cheers. :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Firstly, im involved with the college so i was hoping someone else would have chimed in. Il be impartial as possible.

Its well recognized in Ireland and gaining more rep worldwide, it is a degree course of which there are many in the s&c world.
    In terms of international recognition the CSCS is still most recognized with the UKSCA gaining rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I would suggest trying to get some practical experience before forking out for a course like that. Make sure its something you really want to do and are really interested in first.

A lot of people seem to go though the sport science courses and use that as their path into S & C.

I think portobello college have a 6 month course as well, dont have any info on it besides that its there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

joeybear89 wrote: »
    I'm looking into doing some sort of part-time course that will qualify me as a strength and conditioning coach but not sure where to look for the best. Can anyone help me?

The most appealing one I'v found is the level 7 BA on setantacollege.com but not sure exactly how widely recognised it is..

Can anyone tell me what the highest internationally accredited/recognised strength and conditioning course in Ireland is and where I can do it?

Cheers. :D

I've done the first 4 subjects

Fitness and Condtioning
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Growth Development and Movement
    Functional Movement/Screening

I've returned to College to finish off my degree so,i've taken a break from Setanta until April.
    The course is extremely good and very detailed.
    The practical workshops in Thurles/Maynooth are also very good.
    The Lecturers(especially the Anatomy and Physiology one ;) ) are all very knowledgeable and approachable.

I'm looking forward to doing the next two modules, Resistance Training and Weight Training next summer. If you have any questions,either PM me or reply to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

I was hoping to do Resistance Training & Weight Training for Sport (Level 6) next year, is it any good ?

Advertisement