Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Bills this week..... :(

Options
  • 04-11-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I got 2 electricity bills this week. One on Monday for €192 and then one on Friday for €597 :eek:

This second bill is so high because apparently there were differences in the estimated bills and the meter readings that I texted in. I'm sick to be honest. The month before Christmas and all! Why was this only noticed now? I've been texting in the meter readings every time the little card comes in the post so I just need to know what the hell is going on and is this right? I'll be on to customer care first thing in the morning to raise hell. I just wanted to get this of my chest and see if anyone else has this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lexii

Hey, double check the reads on both bills and meter numbers etc. There is a chance maybe the system errored the read entry and possibly put a rollover in.

If you have been putting actuals in for sometime any discrepancy should have already become apparent not several months down the line. I'd ring them for sure and ask possibly for a copy of your account reads and just discuss it with them. If for some reason that this is indeed the case and you do unforgettably owe that amount I'd ask them if you could be placed on a payment plan.

Gl with getting it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

Thanks Lexii hopefully I'll get some answers tomorrow from them. We always pay our bill on time and never have any arrears so you can imagine the shock I got when I opened that bill. I'm hoping and praying that its a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi LittleMuppet,

In order for us to investigate this for you, we would need you to send us your account details via private message, including:
    • Your full name, address and account number
    • Your contact number/date of birth for account security
    On a general note, ESB Networks plan to read your meter 4 times a year, so in a 12-month period, customers can expect 2 estimations (it may be more than this if there are difficulties in gaining access to the meter).

For customers who are hit with large bills after a series of consecutive estimates, we understand it may be difficult to pay all at once. We can arrange a suitable payment plan if this is the case.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David

Advertisement