Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harvey Norman

• 04-11-2012 10:29pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking at the pullout they have in todays Sunday world for the tablets and I some how had one from Sept sitting in the paper tray, so I had a look and all the prices are now higher, but what is more annoying is that the claimed for example in Sept that the price for a tablet was down from 119 to 97 euro.
    In todays its 149 down to 97!

Is that misleading advertising?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

Its certainly misleading, not sure if its illegal though.

I've been watching something in Harvey Normans for a while (as well as other places). It was displayed in a corner with not much footfall for €999 for the last 4-5 months, was in there recently, now its up on a pedestal in the centre of the section with a big sign saying, WAS €1299!!!, NOW €999!!! BARGAIN!!!.

As it happens, the €999 bargain sale price is still a rip off compared to elsewhere.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

N17er wrote: »
    Its certainly misleading, not sure if its illegal though.

I've been watching something in Harvey Normans for a while (as well as other places). It was displayed in a corner with not much footfall for €999 for the last 4-5 months, was in there recently, now its up on a pedestal in the centre of the section with a big sign saying, WAS €1299!!!, NOW €999!!! BARGAIN!!!.

As it happens, the €999 bargain sale price is still a rip off compared to elsewhere.

Hate that stuff, people then think they have a bargain. Probably borderline but not illegal, would still love to highlight it! :)D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It just needs to be at the higher price in 1 of their stores AFAIK

Advertisement