Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One coat emulsion

• 04-11-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am about to embark on a big painting job in the house (hall, stairs, landing and living room) and have bought crown solo one coat emulsion to do the job. Hopefully this will do what it says on the tin as the majority of the walls are currently magnolia. My concern however is that 2 of the living room walls are a deep red, should I buy an undercoat and go over with this first? Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

It usually takes a minimum of 4 coats to cover red.

Plus you should make sure you have all your filling done properly before applying the 1 coat, not sure how good the product is as i have never used it.

Strange as it seems i find it hard to believe a paint company will sell you something that cuts there sales in half, if it does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Got it before,

That one coat thing is a bunch of baloney. It's really good paint though. Two coats did it for me and it's perfect.

It's not a thin paint, it's a really thick paint. But in saying that, at least 2 coats sorted me, this was with while undercoat btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

All you are doing us paying more money for something that wont work on certain colours...and you need 2+ coats to get it looking right.

Advertisement