Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indefinite duration contract

Options
  • 04-11-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have been working on contracts for over 4 years with the longest break in between contracts 3 weeks during this time I still worked full time hrs as a relief member of staff . I have competed and completed a number of interviews for these contracts .i have asked about indefinite duration to be told there is no permanent job however another 1 yr contract is coming up my question is do I need to do interview for this position or do I have any rights to ask that my current contract be extended To include this 1 yr newly advertised post Redundancy is not what I want which is what has been suggested as an option if employer can't make me permanent .. It's the same job role for all contracts todate . Have I any rights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, in the Public Service, at any rate, if you entered a 4th consecutive fixed term contract, the last one was automatically of indefinite length,i.e. permanent. Mind you, any break as long as 3 weeks, was often used to end the third contract, no matter how good the employee was/is.

Advertisement