Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescue budgies? budgies for rehome?

• 04-11-2012 10:50pm

Hey everyone, since my little Mark died (age 11) at the weekend, I am looking for a companion, or more than one, even, for Yellow, my six year old hen.

Budgies have a hard time finding homes so I have emailed the main Dublin rescues about this. If anyone knows of anyone who needs rid of their birds please let me know. I would hate to buy a bird when so many little ones need homes. And budgies especially have a hard time finding homes because people misunderstand them so much.

My birds are treated as members of my family, they have flying time in my room, if they are tame then I handle them and play with them, if not then they're allowed be themselves. I give them whatever they will eat - fruit, veg, seeds of course. I've owned budgies all my life so they'd be going to a very loving home.

If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

That is a great idea. I think because Budgies are so cheap people think they are disposable or get them and do not realise how noisy they can be.

I have two budgies aged 4 years. Although I am not looking for a home for them it is nice to know there are other budgie lovers out there.

Advertisement