Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latest ps4 rumours

Options
  • 04-11-2012 11:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/rumor-massively-powerful-ps4-dev-kit-is-out-1109677

not much new here tbh....save for mention of a amd a10 apu...8-16gb of ram.
    personally i think it will have some form of custom amd apu....it wont be an off the self a10.

i think sony will push an everything in one chip solution, to reduce costs etc.
    so we'll see wireless n and bluetooth 4.0 in a combo chip with usb 3 and the various i/o ports in one chip, integrated ethernet chip etc.

i would say myself 8gb of ram and 2-4gb of video ram, i think we will also see a slimline blu-ray drive and slot loading, hopefully. these pop up ones like on the new ps3 slim are dreadful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Hoping that this comes out at or around the same time as the next XBox. Going for this one over Microsofts new machine as I am fed up for paying for Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hope they make it as nice as the ps3 phat :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

i would say myself 8gb of ram and 2-4gb of video ram, i think we will also see a slimline blu-ray drive and slot loading, hopefully. these pop up ones like on the new ps3 slim are dreadful

I would be delighted with that.8gb of main ram with very high bandwidth 2gb gddr5 would be very powerful.

I'm wishing for

AMD Piledriver 3.6ghz with integrated 7670 gpu and 8850 standalone gpu.

256gb SSD.

With 2 gpu's, a decent cpu and ssd, it would be seriously quick.

They have to go with an ssd, it needs to be slick and feel streamlined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The high ram amount is because the dev unit is still a modified pc, don't expect 16GB in a console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

this is only the second dev kit out, I think there is a third next summer which will then be probably a good indication of what they are putting into the PS4/Orbis.

They did mention that the new machine O.S will run a quicker which is great. For me that and the general controls in games are something that lets it down, I don't know if the PS4 will fix that, apart from that the PS3 is doing quite well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement