Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central heating oil

Options
  • 04-11-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Looking to order some central heating oil this week. Just wondering does anyone know where the cheapest place is to order it from? Looking to order a full tank. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

maybe not the cheapest but you get what you pay for
    http://www.jonesoil.ie/ buy 1000 of more litres for volume discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 iratira

Avoid campus oil. Had a bad experience.
    We will try tex oil or jones next time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Where is campus Oil in sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The last few times I've got some Jones Oil were always the cheapest...and it might sound daft but it seems to last longer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I have in the last 7 or 8 years, always found Coast Oil to be the cheapest, although there has never been much of a difference.

Get the phone number of all of them and ask for a quote for whatever you're spending.

A few minutes work will get you the best price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Be careful here, always measure the amount you have in your tank and know the litres per inch ect. I always measure before and after so I know what I got. Last year I got my order from Sligo Fuels and I measured it after the driver had just left. I realised I was missing about 45 litres from the delivery. I'll be ordering soon and telling them they can add that 45 litres onto my order for free. After I get it, I'll not be ordering from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Holy smoke! Top Coast oil always provide a print out of the electronic meter which shows gross litres at start and finish and then shows price etc.

I thought all suppliers should do that ?

Be careful here, always measure the amount you have in your tank and know the litres per inch ect. I always measure before and after so I know what I got. Last year I got my order from Sligo Fuels and I measured it after the driver had just left. I realised I was missing about 45 litres from the delivery. I'll be ordering soon and telling them they can add that 45 litres onto my order for free. After I get it, I'll not be ordering from them again.

Kettleson wrote: »
    Holy smoke! Top Coast oil always provide a print out of the electronic meter which shows gross litres at start and finish and then shows price etc.

I thought all suppliers should do that ?

Well I got the print out alright, but I know what I measured after the delivery. I've used Sligo Fuels for the last 6 years, but last December they did me outta 45 litres. I'll be ordering soon and I will take great pleasure in telling them this and embarrassing them, when I'm down in the Deepwater office.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

good luck to you embarrassing them,no shame there,as for getting your 45 ltrs good luck to you on that as well

sligono1 wrote: »
    good luck to you embarrassing them,no shame there,as for getting your 45 ltrs good luck to you on that as well

Oh I can assure you I won't need any luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

i hope you get sorted and please fill us in.i do hope you get sorted

sligono1 wrote: »
    i hope you get sorted and please fill us in.i do hope you get sorted

Went into Sligo Fuels last week and embarrassed them in front of customers, when I mentioned I was short changed for oil last year. They offered me the 50 litres for free. But even with the free 50 litres, their quote was €100 euro more expensive than a quote I got on boilierjuice.ie earlier that day.

I told them this and said I wasn't going to be fleeced by them. So I went with the order from boilerjuice.ie and the supplier was Stewart's Oil based in Boyle. The oil was delivered two days later and the driver brought a bunch of free calendars, pens and mini LED torches with him. It's the little things like that which make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.grangefuels.ie/

I used these for my last few fills. Generally they will match your cheapest quote and the owner is very obliging.

He was recommended to me a couple of years ago on boards.

Advertisement