Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oversized Air Vents (12" x 12")

• 04-11-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

We're nearing the end of doing the house up, and have 6 giant holes in our walls where there were old wooden air vents.

I've been to the usuals, Homebase, Woodies, B&Q, Heiton's etc and the biggest vent I can find is a 9" x 9".

Can anyone advise where I can find a bigger vent? Or 6 of them to be exact.

I would've thought they'd be fairly common, but nein :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

connundrum wrote: »
    We're nearing the end of doing the house up, and have 6 giant holes in our walls where there were old wooden air vents.

I've been to the usuals, Homebase, Woodies, B&Q, Heiton's etc and the biggest vent I can find is a 9" x 9".

I think i might have some in the shed. ill check tomorrow for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

connundrum wrote: »

Do you really want a 12x12 hole in your wall?

What i would do is get a length of 4 inch waste pipe and cut it into lengths to fit inside the vents.

I would then rebuild the wall around these with bricks and motar. Make sure you angle them outward so if any water gets in, it will run out. You can then get vent covers that will slot inside this pipe.

Advertisement