Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baking stuff online in the UK

Options
  • 04-11-2012 11:26pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know any sites for baking ingredients based in the UK? Sites like stuff4cakes, but in the UK obviously. I'd be looking mainly for sugarpastes and gel colours first, but more stuff eventually.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I order from Lakeland a good bit, they have a decent selection of cake decorating things

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/in-the-kitchen/baking/cake-decoration

although not sure if the prices are good for cake things, I normally pick up more food storage stuff & enamel dishes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh that's great, I can already see what I'm looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 threepennys

I've used Cake Stuff a few times and they've never let me down :)
    http://www.cake-stuff.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lakeland are brilliant, I often order their catalogue just to drool over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

http://thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/
    I got "The Mat" from them. (Quick delivery & no issues with non UK credit card)
    Faith wrote: »
    Does anyone know any sites for baking ingredients based in the UK? Sites like stuff4cakes, but in the UK obviously. I'd be looking mainly for sugarpastes and gel colours first, but more stuff eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lakeland are brilliant, I often order their catalogue just to drool over it!

I tried to order from Lakeland last week and got an email saying they are only taking online orders with a UK registered Credit Card. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dovies wrote: »
    I tried to order from Lakeland last week and got an email saying they are only taking online orders with a UK registered Credit Card. :(

I think that's new.

"We only currently accept online payment from cards issued by UK banks. Please contact us if you'd like to place an order but have a card issued by a non-UK bank"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dovies wrote: »
    I think that's new.

"We only currently accept online payment from cards issued by UK banks. Please contact us if you'd like to place an order but have a card issued by a non-UK bank"

Oh this makes me sad :( I wanted new falcon-esque enamel pie plates and had many plans to use parcel motel to get cheap shipping when I get paid. Why are Lakeland being mean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Oh this makes me sad :( I wanted new falcon-esque enamel pie plates and had many plans to use parcel motel to get cheap shipping when I get paid. Why are Lakeland being mean :(

You can fax or ring them with your order and they will accept it I think but that kind of defeats the purpose of online ordering!

vic20 wrote: »
    http://thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/
    I got "The Mat" from them. (Quick delivery & no issues with non UK credit card)
    How do you get on with your "Mat"? Is it as easy as it looks in the video?

• Advertisement

I've not used it yet. Will post when I do.

vic20 wrote: »
    I've not used it yet. Will post when I do.

Great, please do!

Excellent! Very easy to use, clean, foolproof. Certainly recommend it.
    (N.B. make sure you don't crease it)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dinkydee

They now accept PayPal so this could be the option to use with parcel motel

Advertisement