Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress Maker Limerick/Cork

• 04-11-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

H, Does anyone know of a dressmaker/designer in Limerick City/County, Mallow or Cork area even. I have an idea for a dress but cant find a pattern. MOB next year!! Any help appreciated Tnks. GA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

+1 for "The Alteration Shop". Don't let initial reaction put you off. The place definitely doesn't look very glamorous, but it's the only place I'll ever get alterations done now. They always do a good job.

I won't go near Fitrite anymore. Ended up with one trouser leg shorter than the other and a completely uneven hem on a dress, and I know numerous people who haven't been happy with their alterations.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

+1 for "The Alteration Shop". Don't let initial reaction put you off. The place definitely doesn't look very glamorous, but it's the only place I'll ever get alterations done now. They always do a good job.

And the relevant post from the old thread:
    you can try

The Alteration Shop
    26 Roches st
    Limerick
    (061)414176

(from Golden Pages, keyword "tailors")

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

Dont't want to be advertising but a very good friend of mine is an amazing dressmaker and SO reasonable......PM me for details and contact info

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

I'v had items altered by Fitrite and never had a problem. Always a first time I suppose.
    I am really looking for someone who could draft a pattern and make the garment. I can't find a pattern for the idea that I have. It's quite a simple dress really!

Tnks for info
    GA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Have you tried Hickey's? They usually have a good selection of patterns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement