Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint for wbt ply floor in outhouse

• 04-11-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend what would be the best substance to paint on a new wbt 3/4 inch ply floor in an outhouse
    floor. Something to protect the floor. Maybe a varnish or epoxy paint coating. Said room will be used for general household storage etc. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

You can't beat epoxy, about 3-4 coats should do it making sure to give the edges a bit extra. If you like you can sprinkle a bit of sand over the last coat to add a nonslip finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭johnstown

Hi Fergal,

Thanks for the response. I ended up going for diamond coat in the end. I was talking to two suppliers and they thought there might be problems with the WBT (or rather would not guarantee success) and reckoned polyurethane would be better. Once the WBT has a good seal I do not mind.

Advertisement