Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edmodo question

• 04-11-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

ok am completly new to all of this but trying to get going
    so i have set up my account and created a group
    two questions -
    i had hoped to able to give the students their username but from looking at it tonight i take it that they chose that - is it okay for me to insist that this is their first name initial followed by say their surname?
    second thing - i had planned on sending out a letter informing parents that i was setting up this page/group for their child (its purpose etc) and was hoping to have their code for them to sign in with if they wanted - but am i right in thinking that the kids need to have signed up to the group first?
    these may seem very basic but bear with me and thanks in advance for any info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

I did out a set of notes for setting up accounts in Edmodo for an inservice I did with the staff in my school. It's fairly straight forward. I cant attach here because the size is too big. PM me your address and I'll email them to you. you cannot give your students usernames. They must sign up first themselves and then you give them your class code to join your class. It's painless and most importantly safe. Edmodo may look like Facebook but there is very little the students can do to get themselves into mischief. The only thing to be careful with initially is that they can set their profile picture to whatever they want. You might tell them to only use the ones provided within Edmodo or you might end up with some inappropriate photos as profile pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

cripes never copped that about the profile pictures ! thanks for the headup. will send that pm if you don't mind. thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NoelleTh

Hi jonseyblub I couldnt get a copy too could I, just a little confused with the old edmodo!

Advertisement