Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

move countries?

• 04-11-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ex husband is American, still lives in the States. We split a couple of years ago. I moved home with our young daughter for family support after divorce, with his conscent. She is now asking for him on occasions. I'm feeling her void and feeling responsible. I'm considering moving back to the States again, leaving my family, friends, home. Willing to put my own happiness second. Am I right? Would you? Is this what's expected of us as parents? Scared and stressed but feel it's the right move for our daughter. I'm sure (hope) her happiness would rub off on me by seeing her back with her dad. Which I believe should be the case but it's hard considering leaving home again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Did you naturalise before you left the US? Although your child is a citizen if you are not moving back may not be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Visa is not an issue for either of us, but thanks for your comment.

Advertisement