Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror film recommendations

• 05-11-2012 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Hello, I was just wondering what are some good horror films I can recommend to the co-director on this horror film I'm making who isn't into horror yet. Anything arty with horror in it would be good, though Lars Von Tier would be out as she probably knows of this director. Also any gateway horror films of any description which are amazing enough to transcend genre would be good. I guess some uber mainstream stuff would also be out like the 6th sense because she'll probably know of these films too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Northernsoul

Jesus dude r u serious?? Lars von trier and sixth sense are hardly horror films!!!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭jh79

Try watching Horror Europa by Mark Gattis on BBC iplayer

Also El Topo, Holy Mountain and Sante Sangre might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Jesus dude r u serious?? Lars von trier and sixth sense are hardly horror films!!!??

Lars von Triers may not be a typical or genre defining horror director ala Wes Craven or John Carpenter, but watch 'the kingdom' (remade by Stephen King for US audiences because he liked it so much) and Antichrist and you'll see he is relevant to the genre ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Martyrs....

Its a French film.

Quite shocking but brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gary martin gamble

Check out . I saw the devil ( Korean ) , chaser (Korean), 7 days ( French/Canadian), them ( French), inside (French),, snowtown (Australian serial killer film , quite disturbing). ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Tony (2009). Not a blood splashing jump out of your skin horror but a shockingly realistic, disturbing and bleak look at the life a socially inept loner in London who turns out to be somewhat of a serial killer.

Again the realism and brilliant acting really make this film punch way higher than its weight.

Tony (2009). Not a blood splashing jump out of your skin horror but a shockingly realistic, disturbing and bleak look at the life a socially inept loner in London who turns out to be somewhat of a serial killer.

Again the realism and brilliant acting really make this film punch way higher than its weight.
    I have seen that one around but I always thought it looked quite bad . I will give it a check now based on your info .
    Cheers
    Have you seen "I saw the devIl"? best serial killer around .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

rosemary's baby, the house of the devil, the orphanage, wicker man, pan's labyrinth (?)

" the lords of Salem" looks interesting .
    I do think rob zombie makes a good horror film , well maybe not " Halloween 2 "but its oblivious this guy loves his horror movies ( and his wife's arse)
    In respect to the man , there isn't a lot of folk out there making brutal 18 certificate horror movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How about "Nosferatu" (1922) ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement