Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 New Yorkshire Terrier Puppies

• 05-11-2012 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Parent have decided to get two new Yorkshire Terrier Puppies, a makes and a female. It will probably fall to me to train them. Just looking at the other threads I was thinking of getting them to try crate training. The pups are twelve weeks old and fully vaccinated.

What size crates should I be looking at and any other advice would be welcomed. Not familiar with the breed either so any useful tips will be taken on board. I've read alot of other threads regarding new puppies so i'm aware of the standard things re: ticking clock and stuff. Anytihng extra to watch out for having to deal with two dogs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It can be a bad idea to get two puppies which would make me question what kind of breeder the pups are coming from? http://www.dogstardaily.com/radio/02-littermate-syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I got a male yorkie pup two months ago next tuesday. He was four months old when we got him so had picked up some bad habits. He is so cute and we have him crate trained very easily. We have thought him sit and some times paw so far, his toilet training is great some days and others he is brutal but overall he has come on great since we got him, he is great company. They need lots of patience and a good long walk in the evening if you want any peace and quite, if for some reason we cant go for our walk he is super hyper and goes crazy dashing around the room!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Honeymummy2

Does anyone know where I can buy a teacup size Yorkshire terrier pups.thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just ask for the runt of any litter, that's all they are. Though 'teacup' sells slightly better than 'runt'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

They don't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No such thing and anyone advertising such, should be avoided at all costs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If I get a runt from a litter of teacup yorkies, can I call it an egg cup yorkie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If I get a runt from a litter of teacup yorkies, can I call it an egg cup yorkie?

:pac: No they called that a micro mini!

Edit: I actually saw someone advertising 'baby dollface teacup yorkie' or something along those lines on the website which must not be named!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note: honeymummy, asking for where to source any pups in the run-up to Christmas is not allowed. Please read the instructions at the top of the forum page regarding this rule.
    I am closing this thread now as up til honeymummy's query the thread had gone by the wayside. OP if you wish me to reopen, please pm me or one of the mod team.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement