Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marty O'Meara Thread to Glory no bull just PROFIT!!!!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

2ndcoming wrote: »
    He'd bet a grand on a horse had he?

He gambled over €1200 on the United vs Norwich game, and traded out.
    He gambled over €800 on the France Argentina rugby game.
    He gambled €2000 on United in play.
    he had never done any of his high stake punts in the thread before that

This is what you originally said - you were wrong.

This was all before the horse bet which he basically admitted to taking the p*ss with. I don't think it matters whether it was horses or sailing, this lad bet on absolutely everything so high stakes on one particular sport shouldn't seen as "off the wall" when he has used high stakes on Basketball, Boxing, Football, Rugby, Hockey, Snooker etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

If you can't see the difference between lumping on 1/2 (at least) shots in football and rugby matches where the birds in the trees can tell you what result is coming and lumping a grand on an outside even money favourite in a Class 3 all-weather race on a wet Wednesday in Wolverhampton then I'm not going to waste any time trying to speak sense to you.

In the same post he put 100 on another horse running in Ireland, why would he back one fav @ 100 and the other @ 1000, ffs bit of common sense like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

2ndcoming wrote: »
    If you can't see the difference between lumping on 1/2 (at least) shots in football and rugby matches where the birds in the trees can tell you what result is coming and lumping a grand on an outside even money favourite in a Class 3 all-weather race on a wet Wednesday in Wolverhampton then I'm not going to waste any time trying to speak sense to you.

In the same post he put 100 on another horse running in Ireland, why would he back one fav @ 100 and the other @ 1000, ffs bit of common sense like.

The birds and the trees could see that United weren't going to win vs Norwich? Okay. I'd prefer if I didn't have to listen to your sense if that is it.

The reason he would do it is to boost his balance for the log - he went back after it won and edited it to increase the stake. This has all been gone over.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Begrudgery is alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Begrudgery is alive and well

Absolutely. Its ridiculous lads should all be delighted for Murt and enjoying the fact he took 10k off the bookies but instead the small minded can only try to find holes.

All those knocking Murt would be better served working harder at their own gambling and knowing that its possible to take a large wedge off the bookmakers even if you do need a large slice of luck here and there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I would just like to mention that Betfair are not a bookmaker and he has not "got one over on the bookies." He won the money of other punters, Betfair make money either way.

Well done all the same I'm not trying to downplay your achievement just pointing out your mistake in thinking Betfair are a bookmaker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Absolutely. Its ridiculous lads should all be delighted for Murt and enjoying the fact he took 10k off the bookies but instead the small minded can only try to find holes.

All those knocking Murt would be better served working harder at their own gambling and knowing that its possible to take a large wedge off the bookmakers even if you do need a large slice of luck here and there!

What's ridiculous is the fact you think he won 10k, when its clear that he didn't. He was caught making up stakes after a selection won, and it was posted on here how he was faking the screen shots. Simple stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

ft9 wrote: »
    What's ridiculous is the fact you think he won 10k, when its clear that he didn't. He was caught making up stakes after a selection won, and it was posted on here how he was faking the screen shots. Simple stuff.

if he was faking screenshots then why not fake the screenshot of the horse bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Go onto his new thread and defend him in there. You won't have much to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭da yung lad murt

FT9 I MADE THAT MONEY !!!!!!! GET A JOB AND DONT BE ANNOYING WITH YOUR 2 YEAR OLD THEORIES

• Advertisement
Advertisement