Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Integrating a new cat into a 2 cat household

• 05-11-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am quickly becoming the crazy cat lady but whatever, I found a kitten of around 6-8 months outside a local supermarket the night before Halloween. She was very frightened and distressed but I was able to pick her up and put her in the car. I have been trying to find her owners with no luck but in the mean time she has had a trip to the vet, a worm dose, and a warm safe place to sleep.

Despite the fact that we already have two cats and a dog and everything is telling me I shouldn't keep her there is a part of me which has fallen in love. The biggest obsticle in keeping her would be cat 1 and cat 2 who already hate eachother and are very fearful and put out by the new arrival. Honestly listening to two cats bicker is enough, even though this little one seems to love other animals, she especially loves my dog and tries to cuddle up to him, he is quite fearful because of the other 2 antisocial witches but seems to be coming around. I know lots of other people with multicat households that don't seem to have this issue, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

I've got 4 - so one point ahead on the crazy cat lady scale!!!

You only had the little one for a week so just be patient. Our eldest female took about 8 weeks to come around to the youngest two - now she's fine with them - although she's definitely much grumpier since they came. And she still growls at the youngest male - he pretty much keeps out of her way. although they do play in the garden together.

There's no hassle though - I think it will just take time.

Advertisement