Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money "pending debit" from my credit card

Options
  • 05-11-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

I placed an order on Amazon.co.uk 6 days ago.
    It was for an item with a third party seller.
    An hour later they cancelled the order.

The money is still "pending debit" on my VISA debit card meaning I cannot access it.

I call the bank and they say its amazons fault. They're holding the lock on the funds.
    I call amazon and they say the bank is at fault.

So who is telling porkies?
    And why does it take (at least 6 days) to put money back when it takes seconds to take it off?
    Surely someone is having a laugh here.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its an authorisation being held by your bank on your card, Amazon can't put it back as they've not taken anything so they can't "refund" it. Your bank can but from my own experience they'll do their best to refer you back to the company.

Generally these authorisations will release after a few days,

Advertisement