Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crossans (Newry)

• 05-11-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Guys up above are having an end of year sale, couple of good bargains like TCX boots for £99. Worth a google and have a look see for an early CHRIMBO pressie (thats right Christmas, I said it :eek::eek: )

Will be going up next week on the bike for a gander and the spin. ;)

http://www.thevisorshop.com/index.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nice price but I always found the TCX boots to be quite heavy to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Count me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bah, those aren't touring TCX boots.

Have a pair from the bike show in ireland last year.

My current all purpose/weather (bar track) tcx boots are getting a bit old now.

When are you heading up ?? Could do with blasting the cobwebs off the GSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Grand shop up there , I might send a link to the other half LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Will know what day I am going end of this week, will not be going the motorway thats for sure too many pork chops especially over the boarder. Will be going the back roads so will make sure its a dry day....and we can see what that beast of a GSXR can do! Might learn a few tricks off you ya never know.....

I aint buying them boots, I have the the Alpinestars goretex that are outstanding in the wet. Its just the TCX are a good price for a decent boot.

Sure I will see if I can get up when you's are going. I have heard there are some nice fast twistys all the way up. Any good spots to stop for tae on the way up??

leppla wrote: »
    Sure I will see if I can get up when you's are going. I have heard there are some nice fast twistys all the way up. Any good spots to stop for tae on the way up??

Breakfast at Watsons before we start the journey? I never have time for breakfast as I usually wake up too late or run errands in the morning and have to haul ass to the meet point :rolleyes:

Well look, just dont loose me en route if I cant keep up sprinkle some bread crumbs and I follow them....all we now is that "LUNATIC" on the CBR1100 or Busa and we be rightly fooked trying to stay legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

If you can't keep up......you must be having a laugh you are usually way out in front:D

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well look, just dont loose me en route if I cant keep up sprinkle some bread crumbs and I follow them....all we now is that "LUNATIC" on the CBR1100 or Busa and we be rightly fooked trying to stay legal.

Ah sure if we cant keep up with the BIG BOYS on our smaller bikes we will catch them on the smoke breaks along the way :D:D

Just having a look at the HG website also, might spin on up to the FAST BELL for a nose around. They are having a good sale on own branded goods.....

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

Early next week or Saturday the 17th for a run up yonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Will know what day I am going end of this week, will not be going the motorway thats for sure too many pork chops especially over the boarder. Will be going the back roads so will make sure its a dry day....

Eh, is it that you're not licenced to ride in NI? Learner permits are not valid across the border and if you're not licensed, you're not insured.
    People who use the roads in a motor vehicle without insurance deserve everything they get, and then some.
    I can't think of any other reason to avoid a motorway due to 'pork chops' :rolleyes: unless your bike is under 50cc :pac: - or you have a pathological inability to obey a speed limit and you're worred the PSNI will pull a gun on you :)

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Eh, is it that you're not licenced to ride in NI? Learner permits are not valid across the border and if you're not licensed, you're not insured.
    People who use the roads in a motor vehicle without insurance deserve everything they get, and then some.
    I can't think of any other reason to avoid a motorway due to 'pork chops' :rolleyes: unless your bike is under 50cc :pac: - or you have a pathological inability to obey a speed limit and you're worred the PSNI will pull a gun on you :)

Motorways are boring anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wouldn't watching out for 'pork chops' make it more interesting though? :cool:

Scrap the cap!

So whats the story with this ladies ??

More interesting? Yes . But still boring in comparison to the twistys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I know for a fact this lad has his full licence so having a learner permit across the border isn't an issue. He's taking to the back roads because they're a lot less mundane than the motorway. When I go up, I do the same and I have my full licence a fair few years. It's not about trying to pull a fast one on the rozzers, it's about making the most out of the spin Just setting the story straight. :)

Compared to good twisty back roads....no not really!:D

• Advertisement

Early next week or Saturday the 17th for a run up yonder?

If I'm back from UK count me in.

Call yourself a biker and you cant think of one good reason to avoid motorways!!!! :eek: :p

Did my fair share of blasts up north via the motorway when doing the road races and it is headwrecking even at high speeds at 6am with very little traffic around going up.

Back roads all the way, spin 1st and if I get a bargain well and good.

Looks like this will be on FRIDAY 16th heading up to HG in Belfast and possible Crossans on the way back for good measure. Its always handy to know where Crossans is for those never been.....its meant to be a wet day on Friday for the spin but sure it will sort the men from the boys.

Good chance to test the PR3's again....and Green Martian just got a set of Pir. Angels so will be nice to check them out on the GSXR.

Im in I shall go and book it off work now. Have no money to buy anything but that never stopped me before

Flexible friend man.....flexible friend.....or give the missus the "Puppy Dawg" eyes.

Time off booked. Looking forward to it should be a good spin up . . . if its anything like our spin up road Ardee yesterday!!
    Wacky races at its best.

STOP THE LIGHTS, WE WERE LIKE THE ANTHILL MOB!!!

Gonna look into getting a 7th gear for the bike.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Have put in for Friday off, should not be a problem.

Don't care if it rains once it's not absolutley bucketing that i can't see :D

What time we leaving at??
    What about a quick spin by RPM first maybe?

Gonna look into getting a 7th gear for the bike.....:rolleyes:

You need to find the 6th gear first :p

Looks like I cant make this, flights jsut got booked and I dont fly back till Friday morning. :mad:

• Advertisement

What time blu3....maybe we can wait for you?

Advertisement