Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler needs bleed

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

right time for my now nearly annual call for some sort of repair man and seeing it worked for a washing machine guy and a sky guy gonna try my luck with this one!

So ran outta oil before i could get a refill (woooo) so the boiler is airlocked.

Now i know how to bleed it and i've been trying but alas due to some fantastic planning the oil tank is below the boiler level so its a nit of a nightmare to get the oil through.

What i think i need is someone with a suction pump or something to help pull the oil through alas i don't have the tools and with limited knowledge i don't want to start messing with it!

Anyone know of anyone in the LK area? Rather ask on here than trying random people on google!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

If it has a Tiger loop: 13084_TigerLoopDeairiator20.jpg

You can hold a vacuum cleaner nozzle to the hole in the top after covering the outlet hole and suck the oil up... although opening the bleeding valve and starting the burner over and over again should do it.

My boiler is on the 1st floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

no tiger loop, was told before that it would be a great thing for the boiler but couldn't afford it,

when i can spare the cash i will get one installed, they are about 80 quid arent they plus installation and labour?

I've tried the whole bleeder valve open and resetting but after initial success (had oil and air bubble out) but its all gone quiet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Did you totally refill the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sent you a PM dannie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Did you totally refill the tank?

no, again money kinda tight so could only get 200L so i know there isn't a wile lot of pressure coming from the tank as the level is likely around the height of the boiler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

When we added oil to ours from empty, we just had to try to get it going a few times, then the oil was sucked up by the motor.

Advertisement