Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Anyone receommend BER Assessor Kilkenny/New Ross area

• 05-11-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am having difficulty getting a recommended BER Assessor to conduct a BER.

www.nextdayber.ie were recommended to me but seemingly they dont have anyone with the skillset that I am looking for ? :eek: I assumed that a BER is a BER - all i am looking for is a residential BER to be undertaken.

The first guy started and went to USA, the second guy was not registered and charged me a fortune - to do a PRE - BER and now this?

Anyone any ideas before i loose the will to live?

edit:

you are not allowed to link to businesses
    sydthebeat

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

what exactly do you need to the BER for?

a house sale or rent?

or do you want a proper energy assessment with the view of doing upgrade works in the future?

Its very hard to feck up the first 'standard' type so im not sure what 'skillset' you are requiring. What exactly did you ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Its a new build, and we are just about completed, and need a BER.

I assumed that a BER for a new build would be straight forward - and I emailed them and asked for a BER for a new build, stating the size of the house and location,

Maybe I am just having a blonde day - but is there something I am obviously forgetting? ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its straight forward enough alright, but in order to get the best BER you can, you will need to provide a construction specification as detailed as possible and "signed off" on by your certifying engineer / architect. Photos during the build would be a big help as well.

the assessor COULD just provide a BER on what is seen visually but he/she would have to resort to sing finally bad default values if the specific are not provided.

But that company that you inked to, if theres no registered assessor then they cannot publish certs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi,

Thanks for your advice,

I have all the reports, and have some photos, and certs that I need - its just getting a body to turn up to help me finish it off,

I have checked with the SEAI that they are registered and they seem to be - but - ah sure no worries

I will sort something, as seems to be the case at the moment,

:-(

Advertisement