Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another major blow for Waterford! Aer Lingus to stop flights to UK from Jan 2013!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

I assume they will cut the opening hours back 9 to 5 ish for those weeks.

The contract with coastguard means they have to be on a 15min standby for the Rescue Helicopter between the hours of 0730 to 2100 which in effect means that the airport will be open and staffed between those times. Though they can reduce staff numbers hopefully no one working there will be too affected by this.
    Flybe have also cut flights from Edinburgh for the same period so its not just Waterford being effected.

Yes its not just Waterford but a range of flights across their network are affected. Thankfully its only for a few weeks. Not sure if its purely lack of demand or if there is aircraft maintenance scheduling taking place also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

RobitTV wrote: »
    I think Cityjet and BA CItyFlyer + maybe BMI regional are realistic at the moment and Flybe which I hope will do something.

the others I'm not sure one bit tbh

Although it would be nice to see a Jet at the airport.. BMI Regional and their e135/145's are not going to solve the problem. In fact they will be probably be just the same if not worse than Aer Arann. Their planes are too small and only fit 35-50 seats and will probably end up struggling after a few weeks/months and the price of flights will be sky high.

What we need is a good 70-90 seater doing the Luton / London routes and possibly the same doing Manchester. If the price's are right and timings are good people will use it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

b757 wrote: »
    Although it would be nice to see a Jet at the airport.. BMI Regional and their e135/145's are not going to solve the problem. In fact they will be probably be just the same if not worse than Aer Arann. Their planes are too small and only fit 35-50 seats and will probably end up struggling after a few weeks/months and the price of flights will be sky high.

What we need is a good 70-90 seater doing the Luton / London routes and possibly the same doing Manchester. If the price's are right and timings are good people will use it more often.

Agreed, if the prices were acceptable and the times were good then I could see the Luton route becoming like it was at its peak.

All we need now is a carrier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

That makes alot of sense. I think personnally Flybe are the best option but we shall wait and see. Could be waiting til after christmas to hear anything..hopefully not though.

Advertisement