Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff you're buying for Christmas?

Options
  • 05-11-2012 12:31pm

What are you buying to celebrate Crimbo? I don't mean gifts but things for yourself. So far I've bought:

Yanke Candle Christmas Memories. Never had Yankee Candles before but have heard only good things. This is a box containing twelve Christmas scented candles and obviously there's one for each day of Christmas.

Eric Carle's Dream Snow Advent Calendar. Wonderful pop up advent calendar which has to be seen to appreciate it. Each day you hang another ornament on the pop up tree.

Christmas Lights Ambient DVD. A DVD that loops playing scenes of Christmas decorate houses in the States. There's jazz festive tunes in the background too. Haven't got this yet but the youtube previews look good!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Haven't bought anything yet, but I do want to get some lovely scented candles this year.

I also want to get a deer candle and snowman candle, we had one before in the shape of a snowman, then someone lit it :( It was so gorgeous, white and silver, with a red scarf, had a lovely scent too.

I saw a deer shaped candle last year too, can't remember where I saw it or how much it was, but I would love to get one this year, it looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was going to buy this dark chocolate advent calendar last year for the diabetic in my life but the delivery was too expensive. Happened to be near the shop recently so I got one.

300307m.jpg

I'm on the look out for a really strongly scented Christmassy candle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I'm going to buy an advent calendar for myself too, and lots and lots of scented candles. Also, I've been dying to get one of those Christmas village decorations with lights for years and years, maybe this year I'll finally get one. :o Like this:

premier-christmas-village-scene-50cm-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I hadn't thought of anything to buy yet but ye have given me some ideas:pac:

I think I might get myself some christmassy pyjamas though - I saw lovely ones in Dunnes, I think it was, on Saturday :)

Also want to get some yankee candles - but won't be paying full whack cos they are damn expensive:eek: Would love the 'Christmas Eve' one they have!

Think I will probably need to get more christmas tree lights also as last year a load of the bulbs were broken in the ones we have and you can't get replacement bulbs for the brand we have cos they don't make those lights anymore - we got another set in Dunnes last year and they were perfect so might just get more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Leahyl, get yourself to a Homestore and More! The Christmas Eve Yankee Candle is one of the specials this month! The large jar is only €13.50 :) They were selling out fast in the Swords branch.

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    Leahyl, get yourself to a Homestore and More! The Christmas Eve Yankee Candle is one of the specials this month! The large jar is only €13.50 :) They were selling out fast in the Swords branch.

Yes Alicat I had read about those over on Bargains and Alerts forum!! Must definitely get myself there - there's a homestore in Mahon Point so might head there this weekend....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 strawberrytart

I was going to buy this dark chocolate advent calendar last year for the diabetic in my life but the delivery was too expensive. Happened to be near the shop recently so I got one.

300307m.jpg

I'm on the look out for a really strongly scented Christmassy candle too.

Hi, Just wondering where did you get this? Would love one, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got it in Hotel Chocolat. It's not cheap though and shipping is expensive too. I only bought it because we were staying around the corner from one of the shops in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes Alicat I had read about those over on Bargains and Alerts forum!! Must definitely get myself there - there's a homestore in Mahon Point so might head there this weekend....:pac:

Was there yesterday got 2, plenty in stock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

suomi wrote: »
    I'm going to buy an advent calendar for myself too, and lots and lots of scented candles. Also, I've been dying to get one of those Christmas village decorations with lights for years and years, maybe this year I'll finally get one. :o Like this:

premier-christmas-village-scene-50cm-1.jpg
    Same here! i must get a ouple of the villages. I had a look at Argos, they had a nice one for about €40. but it's not huge ..something like 10 " by 10" was the nicest one there though (from them)

also, I think dunnes have some really nice christmassey place mats. I must go have a look at them too :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I got it in Hotel Chocolat. It's not cheap though and shipping is expensive too. I only bought it because we were staying around the corner from one of the shops in London.

Parcel motel is your friend here, save half on the delivery cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emsie80

I picked up 2 advent calenders on monday in Aldi - 99c each! BARGAIN :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got a play doh advent calendar, it was only 10 euro reduced in world of wonder.
    Sooo excited:-)
    Worse thn the kids really!

• Site Banned Posts: 13 rdsatapa

Choco Photo Advent Calendars - Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dar93ragh

Santa better get his fat ass to O2 and get us an iphone

• Oh I forgot to post this last Christmas....I had a bit of a hectic one and didn't really listen to Christmas FM either. :( Oh well I'll enjoy it all the more this year!

Anyway the little tree is awesome....just get yourself one of those usb plug adapters and you can put it anywhere!

By the way the Yankee candles I linked to in the first post were awful! We tried two but didn't like the odour at all....

Did anyone get one of those 3ft Pink/White Christmas trees in Tesco? My niece wants a small tree in white for her bedroom (I suppose pink would do too) and I'm in two minds to buy one on eBay or not.

Oh I forgot to post this last Christmas....I had a bit of a hectic one and didn't really listen to Christmas FM either. :( Oh well I'll enjoy it all the more this year!

Anyway the little tree is awesome....just get yourself one of those usb plug adapters and you can put it anywhere!

By the way the Yankee candles I linked to in the first post were awful! We tried two but didn't like the odour at all....

Did anyone get one of those 3ft Pink/White Christmas trees in Tesco? My niece wants a small tree in white for her bedroom (I suppose pink would do too) and I'm in two minds to buy one on eBay or not.

Omg Van Zan that little tree is so cute!! I have to get one for my desk at work!!

Hope your Christmas is less hectic this year and more relaxing and festive filled! :-P

• Thanks leahyl!! :) If you go to this thread you can get two from dealextreme.com for around €4!!!!

• Ordered this for myself. Love advent calendars when done well. Remember getting them when at school and ticking each day off for those pesky pre-Xmas exams! [shudder] :)

I chose the cheapest seller with the longest shipping since I've got time on my side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement