Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 1/16 fiddle

Options
  • 05-11-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    my (very young) nephew has shown a great interest in trad music (our grandfather played, my mum also) and I would love to get him a 1/16 sized fiddle for Christmas :)

Problem is I am finding it hard to get something in Ireland at a reasonable price. Given his age its very likely he'll crack / break the body or bridge, so I would like something cheap enpugh intiially to give him the feel and taste for it.

If you know or have a childs 1/16 sized fiddle OR know where I could get one I would be very grateful.

I have scoured ebay (mostly USA sellers, shipping is a killer. The few in UK wont ship here :rolleyes:) Dont want anything plastic or battery operated!

Huge thanks, would appreciate your help with this!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I saw one in McCullough Piggot's, but I've no idea of price.

BTW there's ways of getting stuff from the UK from sellers that won't ship here, using the likes of Parcel Motel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww, he must be tiny:)
    E-bay is a good bet or talk to one of the good music shops and they will order it in.

Advertisement