Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal in Letterkenny?

Options
  • 05-11-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Where's the best place to get coal in Letterkenny at the moment? And what sort of price is it?

Cheers

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Tinneys deliver to your house for 13.50 for quite good coal.

if you want to get it yourself, Donegal Creameries usually do a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

I thought Tinney's was €14.50 for 40kg maybe it came down,ferguson fuels sells the same stuff for cheaper pm if use want a number for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

IMHO Kelly's do the best quality coal (burns with the best heat) and they deliver for €13.50 per 40kg. Tinneys is also very good, but haven't got their coal in awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

For coal it's hard to beat Donegal creameries (edit now called Connacht gold :pac:), they do 40Kg for 13 euro or 15 euro a bag for Columbian (I think) great heat off of it, worth paying the extra 2 euro for.

Also somewhat related someone was telling me that lettekenny town centre went all smokeless last week, anyone else hear this, or was it a fabricated story because I can't see anything online supporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

MK2 is right - Tinney's is 14.50 per bag delivered.

Thanks everyone else for the recommendations. Will bear them in mind for future purchases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

i have a number for a fella that delivers coal -- 40kg for €13. cheapest i've seen in letterkenny. he must get it from different suppliers all the time tho, cos sometimes it's awesome with great heat, and other times it's not so good...

but in fairness to him it's awesome more than it's not! and he delivers too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Also somewhat related someone was telling me that lettekenny town centre went all smokeless last week, anyone else hear this, or was it a fabricated story because I can't see anything online supporting it.
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/Atmosphere/AirQuality/SmokyCoalBan/News/MainBody,30689,en.htm
    Phil Hogan T.D., Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, today (9th July, 2012) announced that the ‘smoky coal ban’ regulations are to be revised in time for the next winter fuel season, with some expansions of the ban areas within the 20 cities and towns already covered by the smoky coal ban, and 7 new towns being included under the ban from May 2013 onwards.
    Six new provincial towns are to be included (with effect from May 2013) because they have populations over 15,000 people - Greystones, Letterkenny, Mullingar, Navan, Newbridge and Portlaoise;

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

anger rising......

feck sake, gonna be like the old days bringing coal down for the relations in Dublin.

Advertisement