Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homy Boarding kennels in Munster

• 05-11-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend good boarding kennels or places where I can leave my two dogs while on holidays. The price doesnt reallymatter to me, I just want to assure that the dogs are looked after very well. Thanks for ur help:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Where abouts in Munster are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

we are in shannon, but would be willing to travel:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well, I've not used either of these, but both of them came highly recommended when I was looking around. As it happened we didn't need one in the end.

Jockey Hall Kennels in Crecora Limerick http://www.jockeyhallkennels.ie/index.php?p=

Doggy Day Care in Ennis http://www.doggy.ie/boarding.html

angeldaisy...thx a mill will check them out. Had them in Doggy Day Care but they would be indoors all day and they would go insane:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Have heard great things about Ballycar boarding kennels, I've never personally used them but I know of several people who swear by them! As far as I know it is between Sixmilebridge and New Market. Some googling bring up this for me! http://www.goldenpages.ie/ballycar-boarding-kennels-ballycar/1/

I've also heard about one in Cratloe but I don't know anyone who's used it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

I'm from Waterford so it's not much use to you but it is in Munster :-) Aine cummins in Stradbally co Waterford has a fantastic boarding kennels, I highly recommend her. People from Dublin bring their dogs down to her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Dogs for Life, near Rockchapel in Co. Cork. Couldn't recommend Ilse more highly. The dogs are in and out of her own house, mixing with her lovely dogs and get off-lead walks in the fields and forestry every day. It's more like summer camp than kennels! And she only ever boards one or two dogs at a time. :)

https://www.facebook.com/DogsforLifeIreland?fref=ts

guys thats great. Thanks so much. I dont mind driving a little if I know they are welkl looked after:) will check both of them...Dogs for life looks fantastic....something I think my two would love!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

kvicka wrote: »
    guys thats great. Thanks so much. I dont mind driving a little if I know they are welkl looked after:) will check both of them...Dogs for life looks fantastic....something I think my two would love!!!

I didn't know Ilse did home boarding! Serious +1 to Boomerang's recommendation! If Ilse's as good a home boarder as she is a trainer, she must be good!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Hey try
    Alpha Dog - they're in Clonlara just outside limerick - Marie Buckley - 061354153
    or Try
    Shepherds Cottage - they're just outside Nenagh - Seamus Brophy - 0863584255

Both are very nice people and have great set ups for boarding dogs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

DBB wrote: »

I didn't know Ilse did home boarding! Serious +1 to Boomerang's recommendation! If Ilse's as good a home boarder as she is a trainer, she must be good!:)

If your dogs go to ilse they won't want to come home ;-) would trust her with my dogs any day, she's just fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

+1 for Ilse, my dog Ghost has been going to her since he was small and he comes home sooo happy and tired from playing with her dogs and from all the lovely walks!!

She is a wonderful trainer and always has so much advice to give. I would not put Ghost anywhere else!

Advertisement