Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance 13 week gap

Options
  • 05-11-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I think I already know the answer to this, but thought I should ask in case there is any remedy for my stupidity...

I was aware of the 13 week gap that you are allowed to have between the end of one health insurance contract and the beginning of the other for the cover to be counted as 'continuous'.

Unfortunately I didn't calculate it properly (I just thought 13 weeks = 3 months!) and went past it by two days.

Am I right that there is nothing I can do about this? I now have to serve all my waiting periods again under my new policy, even though I have been previously insured for years?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yep you are correct, did you talk to your health insurance provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

No I haven't yet but I don't imagine I've a leg to stand on
    "Can you please backdate my policy by two days so I don't have to serve my waiting periods again?"

Why would they bother? I doubt it's even possible for them to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Call a broker tomorrow morning to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

OK thanks. A broker is like an independent advisor kind of thing is it? Just explain the situation to them and see what they say?
    Do I need to actually be their customer? Or will i have to become their customer to get help? I'm not sure how brokers work...

Advertisement