Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW-1070 software

Options
  • 05-11-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I have a HKC SW-1070 alarm that i fited myself just over two years ago. It has 9 wireless PIRS, 2 wireless door contacts, 2 RF key fobs and the wireless SAAB and Echo. It also has a dialer on.
    I have had to replace all the batteries in the PIRS within 2 years and now both keyfobs have reported low batteries. I am not convinced that the batteries are the problem as in some cases i just removed the batttery from the PIR and put same one back in and the fault went away. I also read on here somewhere that there is a software upgrade availabel to fix this problem.
    I have checked the panel and it has V1.4 on it and the PIRS are all V1.0

Does anyone know if this software upgrade is something i can do myself or would i have to get out an engineer to do it? I have engineer codes etc.

Cheers

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Once you have a dialler connected it can be done through that. The beams themselves have to brought to HKC to be updated. Phone HKC and tell do it over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

What would be the benefit of updating the PIRs and shock/reeds ?? Mine are all v1.0
    But my panel is V 2.7

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think the updated firmware solves some of the battery issues. Having to return them to HKC makes it a bit impractical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    I think the updated firmware solves some of the battery issues. Having to return them to HKC makes it a bit impractical.

I agree. I'd like to see HKC go out on site to update them or if that isn't practical they should replace the beams for the installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bcolemax

I agree. I'd like to see HKC go out on site to update them or if that isn't practical they should replace the beams for the installers.

Thanks Fred I will phone hkc and see what story is so. That will be very handy if they can update the panel through the dialer.
    As for the pirs, it would be a pain to have to take them to hkc but it would be worth it in long run. It will be a few days before I get to call them, will let ye know how I get on. Cheers again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would be very interested to hear how HKC handle this for an end user. Please let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I don't see why HKC would replace the PIRS . Would it not be better if installers could update them. How do the update door contacts ? Aren't they covered in resin

Well i contacted HKC and they will update the panel as Fred said through the dialer. There is a new software release on the 1st December so i am waiting for that.
    As for the PIRs the guy told me to increase the pole time to 30secs and that will help to extend the battery life. If i take the PCBS from the
    PIRs into them they will update them for me too. To be fair the guy i spoke to was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

bcolemax wrote: »
    Well i contacted HKC and they will update the panel as Fred said through the dialer. There is a new software release on the 1st December so i am waiting for that.
    As for the PIRs the guy told me to increase the pole time to 30secs and that will help to extend the battery life. If i take the PCBS from the
    PIRs into them they will update them for me too. To be fair the guy i spoke to was very helpful.

I cant see that happening. HKC will only deal with installers, not end users.
    I would advise getting an installer in to have the system flashed and the detectors done.

Hi Altor,

You are correct. HKC assumed i was an installer. They will only deal with Installers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

bcolemax wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

You are correct. HKC assumed i was an installer. They will only deal with Installers.

An easy mistake. I am sure they get calls from end users everyday.
    The best thing to do is have a look at the PSA website for a list of installers.

altor wrote: »
    The best thing to do is have a look at the PSA website for a list of installers.

Thanks Altor, will do.

Advertisement