Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options
  • 05-11-2012 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi Below is the reason for me being banned from After hours for 3 months. As has been stated I have been banned in the past several times and have fully accepted and understood the reasons for this. However this time I feel it is totally unjust and as the mod states in the last reply

You have a history of trolling in this forum so based on this, you will understand why I am not going to believe that this post was any different

Surely my comment should be taken in context of the thread and it is somthing I whole heartedly stand by. Granted it might come accross as offensive to people who are overweight but its an opinion. If Im paying good money to eat in a restauarant the last thing I want to view is an unsightly breastfeeding woman. They should go to the toilets out of view.

As already pointed out, my comment is no worse or better than 90% of the nonsense that gets posted on that forum and it was not directed at anybody or what I would perceive as trolling. I also notice that my opinion was the opposite of the mod which banned me.

3months for stating my opinion really is astonishing and also highlights yet again the complex rules of bannings on that particular forum. Certain froummers can post literally anything and get away with it and as it seems some can't

Thanks

Hi Bobin fudge,

Yes, you expressed an opposite opinion to mine, it's a discussion forum, I am used to people having different opinions. Other posters on the thread also had different opinions to me but as they were not trolling, they did not receive a ban.

You have a history of trolling in this forum so based on this, you will understand why I am not going to believe that this post was any different. It was inflammatory, and posted in a thread where you knew it would rile other posters. The language which you used was also uncalled for and inapprpriate.

I am standing by the ban and if you wish to appeal it, a category moderator will review it for you in the dispute resolution forum, if you are still unhappy with their decision, an admin will review it for you.

If you are taking it to DRP I suggest that in your opening post, you confirm that you have discussed the matter with me and I have referred on - this will speed up the process slightly.

Thanks
    whoops.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobin fudge
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whoopsadaisydoodles
    Dear bobin fudge,

You have been banned from After Hours for three months for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

whoopsadaisydoodles

Moderator Note

Trolling. Next time it's permanent.

Your post:Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobin fudgeviewpost.gif
    It is horrible if they are very fat and ugly and are breastfeeding and im trying to eat or somthing -lock yourself in a toilet out of eye sight -I dont want to see some ugly mess with her saggys out in public

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi bobin fudge

"If Im paying good money to eat in a restauarant the last thing I want to view is an unsightly breastfeeding woman." = Offering an opinion. Though I'd still think it's probably unnecessarily inflammatory, it's an opinion.

"It is horrible if they are very fat and ugly and are breastfeeding and im trying to eat or somthing -lock yourself in a toilet out of eye sight -I dont want to see some ugly mess with her saggys out in public" = Derogatory, inflammatory trolling nonsense to be perfectly honest.

As well as your previous history of trolling, you indicated on another thread on AH last month that you posted something "to try and get a rise". I believe you were hoping to do the same thing here.

Knock it off. When your ban is up, I seriously suggest adjusting your posting style and maybe phrase your opinions in a less antagonistic manner.

Ban stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Despite your deflection attempt to draw the gender of the banning Mod into the argument, you know you were trolling, the Mod knows you were trolling, I know you were trolling.

Ban stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement