Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peli Case - Cut Foam

Options
  • 05-11-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I got a peli case for my 223 but want to get the foam cut.

Is there anywhere that cuts the foam, im based in Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

If you're careful, use a sharp knife and take your time you can cut it yourself fairly easily.

I did this myself just using the knife on a Leatherman:

attachment.php?attachmentid=136607&stc=1&d=1290802753

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

IRLConor wrote: »
    If you're careful, use a sharp knife and take your time you can cut it yourself fairly easily.

I did this myself just using the knife on a Leatherman:

attachment.php?attachmentid=136607&stc=1&d=1290802753

That is cool, i am just not sure how good I would be at that.

Do you know anywhere that does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

their is a place in mooncoin co kilkenny that will make u a case and cut it for ur firearms. they r very solid cases and not bad prices at €150 ish i cant really rem. but their top quality work :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

defib wrote: »
    That is cool, i am just not sure how good I would be at that.

I found it pretty easy and I'm not that handy with DIY stuff.

Just put the items you want down where you want them and cut around them. Angle the knife in below them to make the cutouts slightly smaller than the items. The only tricky bit is making sure not to scratch your stuff when you're cutting around them. Go slow and you'll be fine.
    defib wrote: »
    Do you know anywhere that does it?

I've heard about some place near Dun Laoghaire (if I remember correctly) that will cut foam to shape but I can't remember who told me or where exactly it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There used to be a place on the Quays that done upholstery, foam, etc for cars, and buses. Not sure if they are still there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Using a long, thin, sharp knife it should be fairly easy. I've done a couple now. Use a piece of chalk or permanent marker to trace around whatever is going into it.

I've found that if you leave the cutouts a bit tight, it helps keep items from moving around too much in the case.

Advertisement