Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my UPC 150mb

• 05-11-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Not that the speed matters. Connection drops every few hours and I have to turn the router off/on to get it working.

I thought the issue might be the number of devices connected but I had this problem with just a mac and an iPhone.

Currently using all the LAN ports and have 7 wireless devices connected.

Speed never goes beyond 50mb. Ping is between 14ms and 36ms.

I have TV, AMP, PS3 connected so it's not constantly being used.

Any one have any of these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭kamin99

what router are you using? if Cisco check that all your downstream connections are up and running, all 8 of them and have a look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056763697

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I had something similar, the router would disconnect everything randomly if there was a windows phone 7 connected to the router. Nobody in UPC ever worked out what to do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

I'm using the latest Cisco router. All downstream connections are running.

I've disconnected everything and only connected with mac(first), iMac(Second) and phone last. On their own, the problem was even worse, disconnected every 20 mins. If I try download a file it will disconnect.

I plugged everything back in and I'm back to disconnecting every 2 hours or every time I try download a large file. Mailed upc on Friday and haven't heard since. It was being escalated to an Engineer.

Advertisement